Pages

03 February 2012

5/52: Shadows



f/1.8, 1/125, ISO 200
NIKKOR 50mm 1.8G

This was a really fun challenge. I had some trouble getting my shadow picture this week, though, because it was very cloudy and gray all week, and the one sunny (and gorgeous 70 degrees!) day both my kiddos were sick. But Casper helped me out and we came up with the idea to use his mini dinosaurs and the light in his room.

I have also met a personal photography challenge: I'm shooting exclusively in Manual Mode! It's really great being able to completely control the camera to get the picture I want.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

10 comments:

  1. Hi Clarissa! I love your shadows! I just saw you're in Northern Virginia—I'm about halfway between DC and Richmond. Loving this lack of winter! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun photo! Congratulations on shooting in manual mode. My goal is to get there by the end of the year...I'm crossing my fingers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody, thanks for stopping by! I feel like shooting in manual isn't as hard as it seems. Personally, I think I was overthinking it because all of a sudden a few weeks ago it just clicked and seems so easy now. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Great photo - clever shadow idea! I just showed my 2 year old and he loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! My 3 year old helped me come up with the idea, I'll have to let him know it was a success with your son!

      Delete

We love to hear what you think!