Pages

23 January 2012

By the Book



I love to read and am usually in the middle of several books at once. I will have a book on my phone, either purchased for the Nook app or an e-book checked out from the library (I recently found out our library has a fantastic e-book catalog), and will have one or two traditional books I am reading. I have done this all my life, but now it's great because I have books scattered through the house that I can read wherever I happen to be nursing Owen (that's about the only time I get to read anymore). I love being able to read on my phone while I nurse him, it's so small and easy to maneuver everything. Plus, I can read in the dark when I wake up with him at midnight and 3am without waking up Chris. 

I really want to foster a love of reading in my boys. I think the fact that I have always been a voracious reader is what made school (especially college) so easy for me. I read very fast, making those hundreds of pages assigned every week very easy and doing research has always gone quickly for me, too. Plus, a love of reading allows you to explore other cultures, time periods, and lives so different from your own. I want my boys to get all of that. I don't actually know many guys that like to read and do it for the pure enjoyment of it, though. So, I guess I will have to be the example for Casper and Owen and encourage them to develop a love of reading.

I took the boys to the library last weekend and a few days later, Casper and I sat in my bed reading our latest books. He picked out this great book called Air Show! by Treat Williams. So good! I actually want to buy it so we always have it around. It's about a brother and sister who get to fly in a little plane to the air show with their father. They get to see many different kinds of aircraft and even ride in a stunt plane! Casper really likes it. I was reading the latest Sookie Stackhouse book (guilty pleasure...). So poorly written but so so so entertaining. I am also re-reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon on my phone right now (love love love her books).

   
Photo Challenge Submission

 This photo was submitted to the I Heart Faces photo challenge – http://www.iheartfaces.com/

9 comments:

We love to hear what you think!