Pages

03 January 2013

Bad News for My Cloth Diapers

The day I have dreaded since I had kids is finally here.... Owen had a horrible yeast infection and it is in my cloth diapers :(

Owen had a few ear infections over the last couple of months and the rounds of antibiotics really did a number on his gut. I was giving him extra yogurt and probiotics in his food, too, but he still had a horribly upset tummy, was getting a bad rash on his face, and eventually got a yeast infection. It was so bad. But our pediatrician gave us some sort of creamy concoction she made up and that has cleared up the infection really nicely right away. So that's the good news. The bad news is that I am in the midst of a multiple day project of stripping my diapers and making sure I kill any sort of yeasty thing that might be in them.

I have Owen in disposables for right now (7th Generation ones) so I can take my time making sure I really get my cloth good and clean. Also, I don't know if the cream the pediatrician gave us is cloth diaper safe (it's probably not) so I thought I'd err on the side of caution and just use the disposables for a few days. They are yucky and I am not too happy about them at all. I can just smell the chemicals in them (I think it’s the super absorbent gel stuff that reeks) and my house smells like poo, too (which is not normally a problem since we rinse and flush any poo down the toilet when sing our cloth). I am rushing every dirty diaper right out to the trashcan outside immediately just to lessen the stench of chemicals and poo. Clearly, I HATE disposable diapers and I can’t wait for him to be back in cloth. Plus, can you even imagine how wearing paper and plastic underwear must feel to someone who is used to soft cozy fabric? Poor thing.

These pictures are from about 6 months ago.... but they are the only ones I have access to right now with Owen in cloth, so enjoy the cuteness!







I'm linking up to Change Diapers just click the button below to check it out and maybe you'll find some new blogs to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think!